Laboratories and study rooms are on the second floor of the Kodokan International Judo Center.
Staffs are proceeding with fundamental and applied research as well as cooperative research with outside national and foreign researchers. Research gathering is placed once a year (open to public/free of charge).
There are four research laboratories.
- Theoretical and historical study of Judo.
- Psychological study of Judo.
- Technical analysis of Judo. Research on the physical strength of Judo-players.
- Physiological study of Judo.
* "Bulletin of the Association for the Scientific Studies on Judo, Kodokan Report ⅩⅣ" shall be published on the beginning of May, 2013.